It’s Top Ten Tuesday again! I’m really getting into this meme. Thanks, The Broke and The Bookish! This time I’m here with “Ten Things I Am Thankful For.”
You know, when you’re thankful for so many things in your life, it’s really hard to narrow the list down to ten, but here goes. I tried to balance booky things with lifey things.
- My husband. I really don’t know what I’d do without him. I’d be a pretty sad duck, that’s for sure. It’s one thing to be surrounded by things and people that you love, but it’s quite another to walk through life with someone who really knows you and loves you for all the quirks (and I have many) that you bring into the marriage. I love you, Rich!
- My family. I love my family. Being around them and talking about the goings on in life is so wonderful. I’m lucky to have half my family nearby, so it’s fun to visit them more frequently. The other half live far away, but it’s always great to visit them when we get the chance.
- God. He is good and good to me. He knows who I am and my potential. He is always there.
- My job. I get to be around books all day! Yes, it’s stressful, and, yes, sometimes I work long hours, but I’m an editor. Kind of a dream job for me, a reader and grammar nerd.
- My Kindle. I love to read “normal” books during my lunch break (“normal” meaning books that my company doesn’t produce)–and they transport me far away for a while. Anyway, my Kindle allows me to take my eBook library with me. What a luxury.
- Peppermint hot chocolate–because, well, is there a better beverage? I will not take other suggestions. 😉
- The library. Oh, the smell of books and the rows and rows of them.
- Traveling. Boston. San Francisco. Kansas City. Hawaii. Yep, love it.
- Good food! Heck yes. Especially cheeseburgers and french fries–you can’t forget the french fries. I love trying new things, and I’m grateful I’m not picky. Like, really grateful. I don’t know what I’d do with myself if I were . . . actually I don’t know what my husband would do with me. 🙂
- Great words: Rectitudinous, eristic, prestidigitation, bonhomie, egregious . . .
I really could keep going; I have so many great things and people in my life! Life is good.
What are some things that you’re grateful for, bookish or otherwise?